My name is Robin Candau.
I’m a french Linux system & DevOps engineer passionate by skate, music, (craft) beer and, obviously, Linux!
This website serves as a central place to get general/contact info about me, as well as writing some blog posts when I feel like it.
I contribute to many open source projects and I’m always willing to help, share and learn in the process!
Here are the main projects I actively contribute to:
- Package Maintainer: As part of the Arch Linux staff, I contribute to the development of the distribution by maintaining packages on Arch’s official repositories as well as contributing to the AUR (Arch User Repository) moderation. Click here for more information.
- Testing Team member: My role within the Arch Linux Testing team is to install, test and verify that the packages submitted to the Arch’s “testing” repositories are working as intended and without regressions nor bugs in order to validate (or not) their “promotion” to the official stable repositories (done collaboratively with the other members of the Arch Linux Testing team). Click here for more information.
- AUR Package maintainer: In addition of maintaining packages in the official repositories (as part of my Package Maintainer role), I also submit and maintain packages on the AUR which is a community repository maintained by Arch users. Click here for more information.
- Various other contributions: Additionally, I contribute to various other parts of the project such as the Arch wiki; I’m interacting with the community via the forum, the IRC channels, the community subreddit and the mailing lists; as well as making regular financial contributions.
- Core Team member: I’m a member of the core development team of the Crystal Linux distribution.
- Distribution Team lead: I’m the team lead of the Distribution team which is responsible for maintaining the Crystal Linux’s specific packages, the ISOs builds and the Crystal Docker image.
- Infrastructure Team member: I’m a member of the Infrastructure team which is responsible for maintaining the Crystal Linux’s infrastructure and packages repositories.
- Various other contributions: Additionally, I contribute to the french translation of the different Crystal Linux’s resources (software, website, etc…); I’m interacting with the community via the forum and the Discord server; as well as making financial contributions.
Unity for Arch
- Packaging contributor: I contribute to writing, improving and maintaining install/build scripts (PKGBUILDs) of the needed packages for the “Unity” desktop environment (initially developed by Ubuntu) port to Arch Linux. Click here for more information.
- Creator: Arch-Update is a personal project I created, I maintain and I use myself. It’s an update notifier/applier for Arch Linux that assists you with important pre/post update tasks. It has various features such has a clickeable icon, an automated systemd timer to check for update automatically and regularly, it offers to read Arch news, treats orphan packages, obsolete pacman cache, pacnew files, etc… It optionally supports AUR/Flatpak packages updates and desktop notifications. Click here for more information.