My name is Robin Candau, also known as Antiz on the internet, I’m 27.
I’m a french Linux system engineer passionate by skate, music, (craft) beers and, obviously, Linux!
This website serves as a central place to get general/contact info about me, as well as writing some blog posts when I feel like it (read the “Welcome” blog post here).
I contribute to many Open Source projects and I’m always willing to help and learn in the process!
Here are the main projects I actively contribute to:
- Trusted User/Package Maintainer: As part of the staff of the Arch Linux distribution, I contribute to its development by maintaining packages on Arch’s official repositories. I also contribute to the AUR (Arch User Repository) moderation. Click here for more information.
- Testing Team member: My role within the Arch Linux Testing team is to install, test and verify that the packages submitted to the Arch’s “testing” repositories are working as intended and without regressions nor bugs in order to validate (or not) their “promotion” to the official stable repositories (done collaboratively with the other members of the Arch Linux Testing team). Click here for more information.
- AUR Package maintainer: In addition of maintaining packages in the official repositories (as part of my Trusted User/Package Maintainer role), I also submit and maintain packages on the AUR which is a community repository maintained by Arch users. Click here for more information.
- Various other contributions: Additionally, I contribute to the Arch wiki; I’m doing community technical support via the forum, the IRC channels and the Arch’s Reddit community; as well as financial contributions.
- Core Team member: I’m a member of the core development team of the Crystal Linux distribution.
- Distribution Team lead: I’m the team lead of the Distribution team which is responsible for maintaining the Crystal Linux’s specific packages, maintaining the ISOs build and release and maintaining the Crystal Docker image.
- Infrastructure Team member: I’m a member of the Infrastructure team which is reponsible for maintaining the Crystal Linux’s infrastructure and packages repositories.
- Various other contributions: Additionally, I contribute to the french translation of the different Crystal Linux’s ressources (software, website, etc…); I’m doing community technical support via the forum and the Crystal Discord server; as well as financial contributions.
Unity for Arch
- Packaging contributor: I contribute to writing, improving and maintaining install/build scripts (PKGBUILD) of the packages needed for the “Unity” desktop environment (initially developed by Ubuntu) port to Arch Linux. Click here for more information.
- Creator: Arch Update is a personal project I created, I maintain and I use myself. It’s an update notifier/applier for Arch Linux (and Arch Linux based distributions) that assists you with important pre/post update tasks. It has various features such has a clickeable icon, an automated systemd timer to check for update automatically and regularly, it offers to read Arch news, treat orphan packages and pacnew files, etc… It optionally supports AUR packages and desktop notifications. Click here for more information.